After reading Motivational Effects of Test Scores of Elementary Students (Brown & Walberg, 1993), in a one- to two-page paper, analyze and evaluate the article by answering the following questions. (Remember, you are analyzing the article. Just because this is the chosen study to work with does not mean it is excellent.)
- What are the research question(s) and/or hypotheses?
- Describe what data collection methods were used.
- Identify the study as experimental or non-experimental. Justify your choice with evidence.
- Do data collection methods match the research question?
- Evaluate the authorâ€™s discussion and conclusions. Has the author made generalizations that are not supported by the studyâ€™s data?
- Describe any ethical issues in the study.
Support your statements with evidence from the required studies and your research. Cite and reference your sources in APA style.
If you need additional help thinking about your article, read chapter 9 in Understanding Education Research: A Guide to Critical Reading as it will help you explore the findings section in a quantitative article.
Brown, S. M., & Walberg, H. J. (1993). Motivational effects on test scores of elementary students. Journal of Educational Research, 86(3), 133-136. doi: 10.1080/00220671.1993.9941151