1. Name the following hydrocarbon, identify the functional group and give the product of the following addition reaction with hydrogen.
CH3-CH2-CH-CH2-CH=CH-CH3 + H2 →
2. a. Give the IUPAC name for CH3-C-CH2-CH2-CH3
b. Classify the above alcohol as 1°, 2° or 3°.
c. Name the product from the oxidation of the above alcohol.
3. Draw the condensed structural formula of the ester formed in the following reaction:
CH3-C-OH + CH3-CH2-OH → + H2O
4. Name the following amine and classify the amine as 1°, 2°, or 3°.
5. Carboxylic acids react as (acid, base, or neutral) in aqueous solution.
Amines react as (acid, base, or neutral) in aqueous solution.