There are two general types of data dictionaries: a database management system data dictionary and an organization-wide data dictionary. For this assignment, we are focusing on the organization-wide data dictionary. In a data dictionary, individual data elements and definitions are defined to ensure consistency and accuracy. Assume you need to collect and analyze data on patients discharged and readmitted to hospital X within 90 days of discharge. Develop the data dictionary for this study by completing the table below. Your data dictionary must include a minimum of 15 discreet data elements. Include information you would need to identify:
- the patient (Unique identifier)
- the admission(s)
- the reason for each admission (why the patient presented to the hospital emergency department)
- the principal diagnosis which is defined as the condition of the patient made after studying the patient and their admission to the hospital.
- the indicator for justified readmission or questionable readmission.
Guided response: Include at least 15 data elements and the rationale for each data element, using the format below and include:
- A title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Include two scholarly references, excluding the textbook, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.