Develop an 8-10 page marketing plan for a sports enterprise (e.g. professional, school, or community program). You can select a particular “real” enterprise or use a fictitious one. You will take the position of the manager and develop a plan that you will implement through your employees and/or contractors. You will make sure this program is feasible when assessing it from a senior management perspective.
Focus of the Marketing Plan
The plan will address the following:
- Construct an overview of internal and external contingencies, describing at least two internal and three external contingencies and how they impact the sports marketing plan.
- Justify market selection decisions including the psychological and sociological factors as influences. Include targeting and positioning of the product(s).
- Generate a Sports Marketing Mix for your organization to address the promotion mix of advertising, public relations, sales promotion, and pricing.
- Create a plan for the marketing process. Within that plan include a control phase and an implementation strategy. Any unique issues should also be addressed in this section, including the impact on facilities and any specific departments or segments of the organization impacted by the plan.
Writing the Marketing Plan
The Marketing Plan:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
– Student’s name
– Course name and number
– Title of paper
– Instructor’s name
– Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.