After viewing the required video for this discussion, please address each of the following questions:
- What core social values are most challenged by legalized gay adoption?
- How have these “values” been defined and reinforced?
- Assuming these values are changing, at least for some individuals or societies, how have experts explained or described the change?
- How has your personal view of “the family” changed over your lifetime?
- Supporters and opponents of gay adoption both claim to have children’s best interests at heart. Which do you think is in the best interest of children: banning or permitting their adoption by gay parents? Why?
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly resources, and properly cite any references.