Consider the following:
Technologies evolve, but sex and violence have always been—and may remain—hot-button issues in the media. The pace of new technological change is so rapid that some people may no longer wait on formal media effects research to make personal decisions.
Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word paper that addresses the following:
· Compare media portrayal of sex and violence today to media portrayal of sex and violence when you were a child.
· Explain how the negative effects of sex and violence on children have increased in media technology. Provide examples and citeat least one contemporary news article.
· Explain how the negative effects of sex and violence on adults have increased in media technology. Provide examples and cite at least one contemporary news article.
· Make specific recommendations about how the problems of media portrayal of sex and violence might be minimized.
· A related hot-button issue is how communication has changed societal perspectives on immediacy and intimacy. Explain whether you regard these changes as beneficial or detrimental.
Cite at least three different peer-reviewed outside sources, in addition to the two contemporary news articles.
Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines.