you will need to design a hotel reservation system using PHP and MySQL.
The home page of your website should give an introduction to your hotel (note: do not name the hotel after yourself) which the following:
- The address, email, phone numbers, and directions to your hotel.
- Entries for check-in and check-out dates.
- A drop-down list to select a number of rooms.
- Drop-down lists for the number of adults and number of children.
- A submit button to send a user to the second page.
- All fields are required. Other checking and validation should all be included.
The second page contains the list of available rooms on that booking period. It should show images of the different types of rooms available. It will list price per night and the total cost for the stay period. A user can choose the room type they want. The information of the available rooms shall be retrieved from your MySQL database. There is a submit button to go to the confirmation page which contains fields for a user to enter his/her name and correspondence information such as address, street name, city, state, phone number, email address. The room, stay period and cost of the stay will be summarized and shown on this page.
When a user clicks the submit button on this page, your system will output an appropriate message.
Add at least three other pages. For example, local attractions, Hotel dining, Shopping, Salon, Computer services, etc.
- Use XAMPP.
- Use PHP as the server-side script.
- Use MySQL – design your own database and table(s).
- Name your website yourNamePHP.
- When you connect to MySQL database. Make sure that you use yourFirstNameLastName as the username in MySQL connect command. For example, if your name is called John Smith then your command to connect to your MySQL database would like: mysql_connect( “localhost”, “johnsmith”, “johnsmithpass”_
- Export your MySql database as sql so that I can regenerate your database on instructorâ€™s computer. (replace johnsmith with your name)
- Make sure that you name your database johnsmithdatabase . (replace johnsmith with your name
- Remember to add these lines to SQL in order to create a user which is used in MySQL connect command (once again, replace johnsmith with your name)
— create user to query product database —
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE
IDENTIFIED BY ‘ johnsmithpass’;
Once again, replace johnsmith with yourfirstnamelastname
- Create a write-up report (in word or pdf format) which includes a cover page with your name, this class information, such as course name, section, instructor, etc.
- The second page should be a table of contents.
- The first chapter is the description of your hotel system.
- The second chapter is your system design. You can use a diagram to illustrate your design if you want to.
- The third chapter is your implementation. It should include the SQL file content that you submitted, the source code of all pages.
- The fourth chapter includes your test run results which shall include test run screenshots. As detailed as possible.
- The fifth chapter is discussion and conclusions. Mention about the cool features of your website. Include a list of improvements for the future. The limitation of your website, etc.
- You can include a Reference chapter at the end or as Appendix.
- Zip your website which includes all your application files.
- The SQL file which can regenerate your database and create a user to connect to your database.
- The report in Word or PDF format.
- A screencast recording in which you demonstrate your web app.
- Zip all above to a folder and submit that folder to Canvas. This assignment will be due at the end of Module 6.