This week’s graded topic relates to the following Course Outcome (CO).
CO7: Integrates the professional role of leader, teacher, communicator, and manager of care to plan cost-effective, quality healthcare to consumers in structured and unstructured settings. (PO#7)
Planning for our patients during times of transitions (for example: hospital to home, home to rehabilitation facility) involves collaboration with a number of healthcare professionals. Please address the following questions:
- How does your facility promote interprofessional collaboration during times of patient transitions?
- What is the role of the nurse in patient transitions?
- What gaps can you identify in this process related to quality of care? (If you are not currently in practice, please use a previous role or clinical experience in your answers.)
- American Nursing Association [ANA]. (2015). Nursing: Scope and standards of practice (3rd ed.). Silver Spring, MD: American Nurses Publishing.
- American Psychological Association. (2020). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (7th ed.). https://doi.org/10.1037/0000165-000