Intelligence testing at its inception measured one notion of intelligence. The work of Gardner, Spearman, and others has challenged that notion. In this assignment, you will write a paper that addresses the idea of what intelligence testing should actually test.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a grading rubric. Download the file, print it, and use the rubric to guide your completion of the assignment. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Write a paper of 1,500-1,750 words that addresses what should be the foundation of intelligence testing. Include the following in your paper:
- A discussion of the original definition of intelligence as suggested by Binet, including the intelligence quotient (IQ) that is the result of this theoretical construct
- A discussion of the challenges to the definition of intelligence made by Gardner, Spearman, and others
- An evaluation of which definition(s) should be the basis of intelligence testing