- Select your local health department and analyze the responsibilities of the department.
- List two current programs that have been established for the community.
- Discuss how your local health department interacts with the federal government.
- Use specific examples and source materials appropriately to show any involvement of the federal government in the work of local health departments.
- Suggest a way to improve collaboration between local health departments and the federal government. Use an example to illustrate your point.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your initial posting should be addressed at 300-500 words. Submit your document to this Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.
Respond to your peers throughout the week. Justify your answers with examples, research, and reasoning. Follow up posts need to be submitted by the end of the week.
Use the following rubric as a guide to complete your discussion responses.
Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce. (2017). Health data tools and statistics. Retrieved from https://phpartners.org/health_stats.html.
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2017). Datasets
. Retrieved from