Click the link below to download the travel project data document which you will use to complete this part of the course project.
- Replace the information in brackets <> with the city you used for your travel project and James Student with your first and last names.
- Create a table with 4 columns and 6 rows.
- Add the following information: Row 1, Column 1: Travelers for <city> Trip.
- In Row 2, type each of the following into a cell: Name, # of Travelers, Total Cost, Down Payment. At this point your table should look like this:
- Continue entering the table data:
Row 3: John Jones, 3, 7500, 2500
Row 4: Terry Jones, 2, 5000, 2000
Row 5: Ed Murphy, 2, 7500, 1000
Row 6: Mary Harman, 1, 2500, 1000
- Merge the first row over all the columns.
- Center the second row.
- Select the table and add the Lite Shade Accent 2 Table Style.
- Delete the red instructions above the table.
- Under the second red line, create a chart using the following information:
Series: # Trips, # Travelers, # Insured
Category 1: Chicago, 3, 9, 2
At this point, your data should look like this:
- Continue adding the chart data:
New York, 4, 20, 5
New Orleans 2,18,7
Orlando, 6, 25, 8
- Sometimes the chart that is created will have a place holder for the chart title. If you see Chart Title at the top, select the wording and type: Travel Information. (If your chart does not have Chart Title at the top, that’s fine. Continue to the next step.)
- Delete the red line above the chart.
- Using the Format Painter, use the Sally Jones line format to match the next four lines.