This is the same class can you help me on this one it is not due until sunday, monday the latest let me know as soon as you can
Be prepared to take note of:
- The expectations of immigrant parents.
- The challenges in adjusting to new dominant culture.
- How children adjust to cultural change.
- Children and their identity, and the environmental impact .
After viewing the video, review:
- Chapters 7 and 8.
- The article by Bang, Suárez-Orozco,& O’Connor (2011).
- The article by Pate (1981).
Devise a strategy or series of strategies by which you can support immigrant students and their families in your future classroom. In this plan you must:
- Consider the needs of all of your students regardless of how long ago or how many generations they are away from their native culture or cultural heritage.
- Include ways to engage families and truly partner with them in terms of their child’s academic success. This can be as simple as agreeing to connect on a regular basis or as unique as creating class events where parents share their culture, language and heritage.
Present a three-to-five page proposal in essay format with the goal of being awarded grant funding of $5,000. This essay is formal and must include current research. Use the sources presented in this assignment as well as at least one additional scholarly source to strengthen your argument. All money must be accounted for in your proposal, therefore, you must show where the money will go (how it will be spent). The goal of the grant is to partner with parents representing diverse cultures or immigrant status to ensure their students’ academic success.