Must be original, no plagiarism. Must have references and be marked in the body of the work. No Wikipedia
How to Begin: Watch the videos below:
- Pinetop Perkins (95) at Notodden Bluesfestival 2008 Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2KmjMWLymQ&feature=related
- What does the older worker bring? In Cut Back: Facing Ageism. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qXveiavdc
- StreetFilms-Portland: Older adults bike program Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eh_TD5nBOY
- Older adults see benefits from tutoring young children Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTZ4U-SIGO8
Task: Write a paper that identifies at least three sociological concepts that are alluded to in the videos, pulling from aging, discrimination, and social stratification theories. At minimum, you should refer to one video, if not multiple videos, to support your ideas.
For each concept:
- Identify the concept using sociological terminology.
- Indicate how the concept is associated with a particular theory or theorist.
- Describe the concept in your own words.
- Describe the part of the video that you think exemplifies this concept.
- Explain how the concept relates to your personal life and/or to your community (city, state, or country).
You need to accurately cite your sources, including any videos, the textbook, and at least one scholarly source. The scholarly source may be pulled from class readings.
The paper must be 800 to 1,200 words, or about three to four pages in length (excluding the title and reference page), and formatted according to APA style. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page.