You have recently been hired as a Chief Information Governance Officer (CIGO) at a large company (You may choose your industry). This is a newly created position and department within the organization that was founded on the need to coordinate all areas of the business and to provide governance of the information. You will need to hire for all positions within your new department.
The company has been in business for more than 50 years and in this time has collected vast amounts of data. Much of this data has been stored in hard copy format in filing cabinets at an offsite location but in recent times, collected business data is in electronic format stored in file shares. Customer data is being stored in a relational database, but the lack of administration has caused data integrity issues such as duplication. There are currently no policies in place to address the handling of data, business or customer. The company also desires to leverage the marketing power of social media, but has no knowledge of the types of policies or legal issues they would need to consider. You will also need to propose relevant metrics that should be collected to ensure that the information governance program is effective.
The CEO and Board of Directors have tasked you to develop a proposal (paper) that will give them the knowledge needed to make informed decisions on an enterprise-wide Information Governance program, addressing (at a minimum) all of these issues, for the company.
- The paper should include at a minimum of the following sections:
- Title page
- Executive Summary (Abstract)
- Literature review
- Program and technology recommendations
- You must include at least two figures or tables. These must be of your own creation. Do not copy from other sources.
- Must cite at least 10 references and have attached some journals to this. Please use minimum of 4 from the attachements and let me know if you need any reference info for the journals.
- This paper should be in proper APA format and avoid plagiarism when paraphrasing content. It should be a minimum of 10 to a maximum of 15 pages in length (double-spaced), excluding the title page and references.